Miller Middle School is a community of well-rounded learners who achieve academic excellence for college and career readiness, as well as social-emotional awareness, in a safe, supportive learning environment.
We strive to
- Develop a learner-centered foundation of thinking skills to prepare for college and career
- Consistently communicate expectations
- Provide learners with multiple opportunities to succeed as scholars and citizens
- Provide learners with personalized educational opportunities
- Develop awareness around resiliency, compassion, community, while creating a caring school environment.
Miller is an internationally minded middle school that inspires global awareness.
Our young leaders make a positive difference in our changing world through inquiry, cross-cultural understanding, and a shared vision of academic excellence. We are committed to an innovative educational system, guaranteeing our learners acquire critical thinking and problem-solving skills necessary to compete and succeed in the 21st century. In partnership with the Durango community, our students achieve confidence and success in their learning through equitable opportunities and rigorous interdisciplinary experiences, sparking a passion for life-long learning.
Distinguishing Characteristics of Our School:
- Focus on student ownership of learning
- Community garden
- AVID College Readiness System
- Health, Wellness, and Mindfulness Focus
- Action and Service