Miller Basketball Parents:
Welcome to Miller Basketball. I know that this is a strange time that we’re living in, but we are grateful to be able to provide our students/athletes with this opportunity. We will be starting with Boys Basketball on Monday, February 8 and Tuesday, February 9. Girls will start practice Thursday, February 11 and Friday, February 12. Practice times are tentatively scheduled for 3:15 - 4:30. These times may be adjusted.
With that being said, here are some of the protocols that we will all have to follow, in order to be in compliance with state, county, city, and district guidelines:
- All students must have registered and have a physical on file - Students cannot be present at practice without having first completed the online registration.
- COVID release and general safety releases are all on registration - This will not be approved if not completed/signed off on or we don’t have up-to-date physical. This information can be found at: https://durangoschools-ar.rschooltoday.com
- All students must be screened prior to entering the gymnasium for practice. They will have their temperature taken and they will be asked several questions.
- Fever of 100.3 or higher? Chills, Cough, and/or muscle aches?
- Sore throat or loss of taste or smell, shortness of breath?
- Nausea, vomiting and/or diarrhea?
- Have you been around anyone who has been sick with COVID in the past 48 hours?
- If a student has any of the symptoms related to COVID - 19, please DO NOT send them to practice.
- If a student has one or more symptoms related to COVID - 19, they will not be permitted to practice. Students will be escorted to an appropriate location for isolation and parents will be called and asked to come to take their child home.
- All students will need to come to practice in their practice gear. They may change in a bathroom prior to screening. Locker Rooms will NOT be available. Also, there will be designated restrooms for player use. Access to other areas of the school will not be allowed. Students should bring all of their school work, clothes, lunch boxes with them to practice.
- All student/athletes will need to bring their own water bottle. This, along with their personal items will be placed along the wall under a blue dot. Each dot will be placed an appropriate distance from the next dot, to ensure that social distance is maintained.
- There will be several sanitizing stations located throughout the gym. Players will be asked regularly to sanitize their hands
- Players may bring their own basketballs, if desired. Please clearly mark the player's name on the ball.
- Masks must be worn in the gym at all times. Masks must cover the mouth AND nose. This is mandatory. If a student requires a mask break, they will be directed to a designated area. While drinking water, masks may be lowered while drinking and returned afterwards.
- In the event of a mask violation or, coaches will 1) Give a reminder for athlete to fix their mask. 2) Ask athlete to step away from practice to take a mask break. 3) Ask athlete to leave practice for the day. After the third violation, the athlete’s parents will be notified and further consequences may be given.
- The same protocol will be followed for other behaviors that do not adhere to the safety guidelines set forth by CHSAA, San Juan Basin Health, and/or Durango School District 9R.
- To maintain the social distancing protocols, players will be assigned a group and each group will be assigned a door to enter the gymnasium. Please keep these entrances consistent. There will also be a designated exit. This must also remain consistent.
- Due to the current COVID levels of La Plata County, parents will not be allowed in the building. Parents will be able to pick up their student after practice on the south end of the building.
Because of the ever changing nature of this pandemic, we may need to adjust or add protocols, when deemed necessary. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Coach Jaramillo at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-247-1418 ext. 2521